Literacy Christchurch valued access to high quality professional learning for educators and believed that the more challenging the work, the more professional learning needs to be supported and made accessible.
Literacy Christchurch and Risingholme Learning have made this one-off scholarship fund of $5000 available in 2023 to support access to professional learning chosen by the educator(s) to support their practice at this point in their career.
This fund is designed to provide individual educator/s a professional development opportunity they may otherwise find difficult due to financial limitations or because the type of learning may not be prioritized by their institution/organization or employer.
Note: This fund is not available to institutions/organisations or to support an individual’s professional development already planned and/or funded.
||Up to a maximum value of $2,000
||Thursday 30 November 2023
- Be either a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Canterbury based adult educator who works (paid or unpaid, full-time, or part-time) in the literacy/language/numeracy/critical thinking/essential learning areas of adult education
- Be applying for support to participate in new learning relevant to your practice and its context, including that to address a particular challenge you have identified and/or challenges you have identified.
How to apply?
- Submit an application form, including providing a personal statement (750–1000 words) and two referees that can speak to your work.
- Personal Statement must include –
- Introduce yourself and include an overview of your career to date
- Describe the context of work you do and how it aligns with your work in the literacy/language/numeracy/critical thinking/essential learning areas of adult education.
- Tell us the contribution your chosen professional learning for will make to your practice. You may wish to describe a particular challenge you have identified and are wishing to address.
- Provide supporting evidence you think will help us understand who you are as an educator at this point in your career, the challenges in your practice, and where you would like to take your career.
- Provide a summary and evidence of all expected costs applying to activity
- Provide two referees that can speak to your work (Your referees must not be an immediate family member, friend, or flatmate). For example, work colleague, employer etc
- Please include evidence that you been accepted into the course and pre-enrolled, if applying for support with course fees
Once you have submitted your application and supporting document you may be contacted to discuss your application at the time of consideration.
Applicants will be notified by email of the decision by Friday 15 December 2023
Click here for application form
Click here for guidelines
For all enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org