Learner Wellness Statement under Alert Level 2 - Updated: Wednesday 12 August 2020
Risingholme is committed to protecting the health and safety of our tutors, learners and other stakeholders during a pandemic by putting in health and cleaning measures to prevent the transmission and spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Risingholme has implemented a daily cleaning schedule to further minimize any chances of transmitting COVID-19. High contact areas and surfaces will be cleaned daily and regularly, throughout the day, when in use by room users.
These are unprecedented times. For the safety of everyone we require you to follow the protocols listed below when attending classes run by Risingholme Community Centre held at Risingholme facilities, Christchurch Girls High School, Riccarton High School and Hornby High School.
- For the safety of others, if you are unwell stay at home and seek medical advice.
- For Contact Tracing purposes –
- At the start of your first class -
i. The tutor will record your attendance
ii. Health Status: Please confirm that you are well and have NO flu-like symptoms OR have tested positive for COVID-19 OR been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
iii. Where you sit in the room on your first class is where you will sit for the rest of your course.
- Rest of classes -
i. The tutor will record your attendance at the beginning of each class you attend
ii. The tutor will check with you that there has been no change to your health status
- Please contact the Director (027 694 5044) immediately, if there has been a change in your health status, ie tested positive or been in contact with someone with COVID-19, while attending classes.
- Hand Hygiene: Please hand sanitiser your hands upon entering and existing the building or classroom.
- After using shared tools and equipment during class please clean the tool/s or equipment with a disinfectant wipe provided. Please dispose of used wipes in the rubbish bin provided.
- Physical Distancing Requirements: Classrooms are designated “controlled learning spaces” and as such the minimum distance between people is 1 metre unless you are attending class with someone from your bubble. Please ensure that you keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre between you and the tutor or other learners at all times. Tables and chairs have been arranged to comply with physical distancing requirements, please do not move or remove tables and chairs from any room.
- Facemasks: We support and encourage the wearing of facemasks before entering and during classes (we do not supply masks).
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your course