What is an ACE Funded Course?
Risingholme Community Centre programme consists of both self-funded and Adult Community Education (ACE) funded courses.
Risingholme Community Centre receives funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) for the provision of Adult and Community Education (ACE). The purpose of the ACE fund is to provide adults with community-based education, foundation skills and pathways into other learning opportunities that meet identified community learning needs and funded ACE priorities.
Our ACE funded courses are run according to a set of instructions and requirements issued by the TEC. Our ACE funding enables us to keep those course fees low making it affordable for many to enrol in these courses.
A recent funding and reporting requirement change by the TEC now requires us to verify and to have proof that learners’ hold a domestic student status, ie New Zealand Citizen or Resident.
What Identity documentation do I need to provide?
An acceptable identity document is ONE of the following –
- Learner’s National Student Number (NSN) – an NSN number is issued to any person who has completed a New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) approved course or qualification, or
- An original or certified copy of ONE of the following documents –
- A New Zealand Birth Certificate (NOTE: a marriage certificate will also be required if there has been a name change); 0r
- A New Zealand or Australian passport; or
- A New Zealand Certificate of Citizenship; or
- A passport with a current returning residency class visa (ie a passport with a visa label);
- A passport with a current Australian resident return visa; or
- Birth certificate with place of birth stated as Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau
What is meant by a certified copy?
A certified copy means you have photocopied the original identity document and it has been certified (signed) as being a true copy by an authorised person as listed in the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957, such as Justice of the Peace, Lawyer, Registrar or Deputy Registrar or a Court Official.
Is there another way I can be provide my Identification document?
Yes, if you prefer you can bring your identification document (to the Risingholme Office during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9 am – 4 pm) and we can copy this for you.
Alternatively, email email@example.com your NSN number. Please include your full name and date of birth to help us match your record in the NSN Database.
Do I need to provide my Identity document every time I enrol in a course?
No. You will only be required to provide this information once. Identity documentation received will be recorded in Risingholme’s student management system and will be used for subsequent enrolments, if required.
I am not a NZ Resident can I still enrol in an ACE funded course?